MOROCCO DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO ZAGORA DUNES
Tour itinerary: 2 Days Zagora Shared Desert Tours From Marrakech
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Hadou Kasbah - Agdaz - Draa Valley – Zagora Dunes
7:00 am will mark the beginning of your shared budget 2 days desert tour to Zagora. After joining a group tour we will drive to Zagora via the Tizi-N-Tichka pass (2260m above sea level). From above you will be able to see the various Berber villages and herding animals that are scattered at the foot hills of the Atlas Mountain. Our first stop will be the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. The ancient Kasbah has been the location for many famous Hollywood movies like Gladiator and Laurence of Arabia as well as a favored backdrop for many modeling photoshoots and commercials. You will be given time to explore on your own or an extra fee of €2.00 euros per person for a local guide to show you around. Next we head to Ouarzazate for lunch and by the afternoon we will have crossed the Northeastern parts of the Anti-Atlas Mountains to the oasis of Agdz. Following a brief stop in the village center, we will drive across Draa valley filled with scene after scene of marvelous natural beauty and towering Kasbahs. Draa valley is the largest palm plantation in the Middle East. Once at Zagora, we will meet the camel caravans. We will mount our camels for a desert trekking adventure that will take as deep into the sand dunes at sunset. The camels will transport us to our Berber desert camp in the middle of the desert. There we will enjoy a good meal as the Berber entertains us around the campfire. We will eventually retire to our private tents to sleep under the crystal sky of the desert.
Day 2: Zagora Dunes – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
You will be woken up early to catch the sun cast its rays over the sand dunes of the desert. Following breakfast we will camel trek back to our driver and depart to Ouarzazate to stop at a local café by the Kasbah Taourirt, we will be paying the Kasbah a visit as well. Early in the afternoon we will cross the High Atlas Mountains to make our way back to Marrakech.
The shared budget 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora ends at Jamaa Elfna square at around 6 pm in the summer or 7 pm in the winter.
Shared Budget 2 days Marrakech Desert Tour
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains & Tizi Ntichka pass.
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou.
- Drive along Draa Valley.
- Ride your camel over Zagora dunes and watch the sunset.
- Overnight in a Berber desert camp in Zagora dunes.
- Visit Ouarzazate.
- Pick up from your hotel / Riad on tour day (or the nearest accessible point).
- A/C deluxe minibus driven by an English & French speaking driver/guide (Maximum of 16 passengers).
- Overnight at Zagora dunes desert camp including camel trekking, with dinner and breakfast.
What to bring for the tour
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen cream.
- Comfortable jeans or trousers for the camel trekking.
- Camera & phone chargers.
- Warm clothes in winter season.
What’s not included
- Beverages & Lunch expenses.
- Local guide in Ait Benhaddou Kasbah (2 Euros per person – Optional).
- Personal expenses.