SAHARA DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DUNES
Tour itinerary :Shared 3 Days Marrakech Desert Tour To Merzouga
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Hadou Kasbah – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley
We will be departing from Marrakech at 7:30 am to begin our budget shared 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga. We will venture through the High Atlas mountains via the Tizi-N-Tchika road (2260 meters above the sea) to reach Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. This particular Kasbah is a UNESCO world heritage site and has served as a location for many famous Hollywood blockbusters like Gladiator. Then we will make our way to Ouarzazate to visit Kasbah Taourirt and follow that with lunch in a restaurant overlooking the Kasbah. In the afternoon, we will cross the majestic valley of roses and Boumalne Dades to reach Dades Valley and retire to a hotel for dinner and sleep.
Day 2: Dades Valley – Todra Gorges – Erfoud - Merzouga Dunes
Following breakfast we will drive across the road of 1001 Kasbahs to reach the Oasis of Tinghir. There you will be given time to explore at leisure along the huge cliffs and canyons of Todghra canyons. After lunch (not included in pricing) we will continue to Rissani, the biggest date market in the country and historically is the starting point of the trading caravans that used to cross the Sahara desert all the way to Tomboctou. We will drive to the edge of Erg Chebbi’s dunes in Merzouga. There we will meet up with the camel caravans to start a trek through the sand dunes during the beautiful sunset. The camels will transport us to a Berber camp nestled in the middle of the desert. We will explore the desert and the sand formations before having dinner around the campfire while Berber drum music is playing before retiring to sleep in our private tents under the star lit sky of the desert.
Day 3: Merzouga Dunes - TAZARINE - AGDAZ - Marrakech
You will be woken up to catch the glorious sunrise of the Sahara desert. After breakfast we will mount our camels back to the main road to meet our driver and to be transported back to Ouarzazate for lunch. After that we make our way through the High Atlas Mountains to reach Marrakech by 7 pm, thus ending the budget shared 3 days desert tour.
Shared 3 Days Marrakech Desert Tour to Merzouga
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains with its majestic Tizi-N-tichka.
- Visit the world heritage site Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Climb up Dades canyons.
- Visit Todra gorges.
- Riding Camels into the sunset.
- Spend the night at a Berber desert camp.
- Visit Ouarzazate with its Taourirt Kasbah.
- Pick up from your Marrakech riad / hotel on the tour day (or the closest accessible point).
- A/C modern minibus driven by an English & French speaking driver/guide (Maximum of 16 passengers).
- First night in Dades Valley hotel including dinner and breakfast.
- Second night at Erg Chebbi dunes desert camp includes camel trekking, dinner and breakfast.
What to bring for the tour
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen cream.
- Comfortable jeans or trousers for the camel trekking.
- Camera & phone chargers.
- Warm clothes in winter season.
What’s not included
- Beverages & Lunch expenses.
- Local guide in Ait Benhaddou Kasbah (2 Euros per person – Optional).
- Personal expenses.